Kerning Cultures is an independent podcast network, raising the bar for audio storytelling and journalism in the Middle East and North Africa. Our first show, also called Kerning Cultures, has been called “the best podcast in the UAE” by Gulf News, and What’s on Dubai, and The Guardian calls it the “This American Life” of the Middle East. Our stories have been featured on OSN’s Asli, NPR, PRI The World, Gimlet Media, and Monocle 24. We’re a small (but mighty) team, working across the globe. As we grow our podcast network, we’re looking to expand our team with people who are passionate about telling more stories in the Middle East.
Application Deadline: April 30
You Should Apply If:
· You’re a naturally curious and passionate journalist/storyteller, with a focus on the Arab world.
· You’re obsessed with podcasts. Like, OBSESSED.
· You’re a kind, empathetic, hard-working soul who thrives best when collaborating.
· You’re passionate about creating high-quality content and stories with a new perspective.
· You’re not intimidated by the start-up hustle.
· You’re comfortable working remotely and collaborating across digital channels and time zones.
· You’re a fast learner, even if podcasting isn’t your formally trained background.